- Gas or electric oven
- Electric oven
1. Prepare the tomatoes
- Using your sharp knife, remove the stalk and make a small cross-shaped incision on the skin opposite the stalk of all your tomatoes.
- Prepare a pot of boiling water AND a bowl of ice water.
- Stem the tomatoes:
- Scald the cherry tomatoes for a few seconds, then plunge them into the ice water.
(It's not necessary to scald the tomatoes all at once; you can do this in several stages, respecting the following: 1) boiling water 2) ice water)
- Remove the skin from each tomato, and place flat on a tray or dish lightly oiled with olive oil.
2. Prepare & bake the pastry
- Place a sheet of baking paper in the bottom of your tart tin
- Roll out, prick, turn over & place your pastry in your tin
- Freeze for 30 min or chill for 2 hrs.
3. Bake the pastry
Turn your oven on to 200 degrees. Place a baking sheet over the pastry, pour in the dried beans (so that the pastry keeps its shape when cooked) and bake in the hot oven for 25 to 40 min. The pastry should be cooked and golden-brown.
4. Meanwhile, prepare a flavored oil
Finely chop thyme and rosemary and mix with olive oil.
5. Once your dough is cooked, brush lightly with herb oil and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Finish by brushing once more with fragrant oil (more generously).
Turn off the oven and return to the oven for a further 15 min.
(The tomatoes should be just cooked through).
- Tip: SALT YOUR TATIN ONLY BEFORE SERVING (The salt brings out the water in the tomatoes, softening the dough. )